There is an array of mental and physical conditions that can lead to someone needing to file for Social Security Disability (SSD) benefits, and many are more common than you may think.
If you or a loved one needs help applying for needed SSD, contact our experienced team of Social Security disability attorneys in Phoenix for a free consultation to discuss your application. Call 1-800-503-2000 to get started.
The Disability Approval Guide compiled a list of the 10 most common conditions for social security disability claims:
- Muscle, back and joint disorders, like arthritis and back pain, account for 28.6 percent of new claims and 28.7 percent of existing claims
- Cancer and tumors make up 15.1 percent of new claims and 9.1 percent of those already existing
- Accidents, injuries and poisonings account for 10.3 percent of new claims and 7.7 percent of existing claims
- Cardiovascular and circulatory diseases, such as heart disease and hypertension, comprise 8.7 percent of new claims and 12.4 percent of existing claims
- Mental illness and behavioral disorders, like depression and substance abuse, are 8.3 percent of new claims and 7.7 percent of existing claims
- Spine and nervous system disorders, like multiple sclerosis and Alzheimer's, make up 7.7 percent of new claims and 15.2 percent of existing ones
- Ill-defined conditions, such as headaches and chronic fatigue, make up 2.8 percent of new claims and 2.7 percent of existing claims
- Digestive system disorders account for 2.6 percent of new claims and 2.4 percent of those that already exist
- Respiratory system disorders, such as influenza and emphysema, make up 1.9 percent and 2.9 percent of new and existing claims respectively
- Infections and parasitic diseases, like food poisoning and meningitis, account for 1.9 percent of new claims and 2.9 percent of existing claims
Applying for SSD is often a very complex and confusing process because applicants must provide substantial evidence to prove that they are truly disabled. The Social Security disability lawyers at Dayes Law Firm PC have a vast knowledge of both the application process and SSD guidelines.
We can guide you through the entire application process to ensure that you claim is complete and has the best chance for approval.